For a sweet and spicy faux pasta dish try making sautéed shrimp and prosciutto over zucchini noodles! I recently started the Whole30 program so I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen and came up with this recipe to satisfy my pasta craving. It’s super filling and has great flavor! I made it for dinner last night and had the leftovers for lunch today. It was even better today, making it a great make-ahead meal for the week. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 1 lb Argentinian red shrimp (Trader Joe’s)
- I package (4 oz) sliced prosciutto (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) organic tomato sauce (Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 can organic coconut milk, unsweetened (Thai Kitchen)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbsp ghee, aka clarified butter (Trader Joe’s)
- 3 garlic cloves (or more if you love garlic like me)
- Chop the prosciutto into bite-size pieces
- Mince the garlic, I like using my garlic press to save time
- Julienne the zucchini using a julienne peeler or spiralizer
- Heat up your favorite sauté pan on medium-high heat
- Once the pan is hot, add the clarified butter and melt
- Add the minced garlic, prosciutto, and zucchini noodles, sauté for 3 minutes
- Move the garlic, prosciutto, and zucchini to the edges of the pan to make room for the shrimp in the middle. Add the shrimp and sauté until they are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes
- Once the shrimp is cooked, mix everything in the pan together
- Add the can of tomato sauce and the coconut milk, and stir everything together
- Turn down the heat to low and simmer until the sauce is warm
- Plate, top with red chili flakes, and enjoy!
Some of the hyperlinks in this post are affiliate links which means I am eligible for a small commission if you click on them and make a purchase or sign up for a service. Association with affiliate programs allows me to maintain The Domesticator Blog and continue to offer quality content and free printables.