Swimsuit season is upon us. It’s an inevitable time of year that I seem to have a love-hate relationship with. I absolutely love hanging out at the beach with my kiddos or spending time on the lake at the cabin. The only problem is that “fun-in-the sun” usually goes hand-in-hand with wearing a swimsuit. Ugh. After having two children, my body isn’t what I would call ideal bikini material. Honestly, my stretch marks don’t bother me a bit and if that were the only remnant I had left from my two pregnancies, I would likely wear a bikini. However, that is not the case. I was left with diastasi recti (abdominal separation) and tons (I repeat, tons) of loose, hanging skin. I eat super healthy, work out, and even run marathons yet nothing seems to help. So I’ve officially retired from wearing bikinis and have moved on to tankinis. There are tons of cute one-pieces swimsuits out there too but for some reason, I prefer tankinis. My favorite tankini styles that flatter my mom-bod are ruched suits, blouson suits, and ruffled suits. So in honor of the 2016 swimsuit season, I’ve put together my top picks for sexy, yet modest mom swimsuits that I’ve seen trending online.
Blouson swim suits give a blousy and loose appearance around the middle therefore disguising any problem areas beneath.
- To Be In Style Women’s Two-Piece Relaxed Blouson Tie Tankini
- Coco Reef Women’s Master Classic Grace Blouson Tankini
- Next Women’s Barre To The Beach Double Up Tankini with Built In Bikini Sports Bra and Next – Lined Up Tunnel Side Bikini Bottom
Suits With Ruching
The fabric on swimsuits with ruching is slightly gathered, providing a flattering fit with extra camouflage and coverage around the belly.
- Profile by Gottex Black Tie Underwire Halter Bra Tankini Top
- Athena – Cabana Solids High Neck Tankini
- Seafolly Women’s Twist Halter Singlet Bikini Top
Ruffled swimsuits have tiered and ruffled fabric that help hide any loose or sagging skin on your stomach.